Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My Favorite Skin Care Products & Cosmetics That I SWEAR BY


 I am often asked who does my make-up and what are my favorite products. Well before my break with Hed Kandi I worked both as a freelance make-up artist for Chanel, Elizabeth Arden, Christian DIor, ect ect and then managed an Elizabeth Arden Counter and Estee Lauder counter. So I was trained to do my own make-up ,plus I had a knack for applying make-up ,as I started at  a very young age (behind my parents back, 12 to be exact). I thought my Mother was so beautiful and I loved watching her apply her make-up, she was a make-up artist as well, so I would steal her lipsticks and use them for my lips and as a blush LOL and black eyeliner and mascara. My bus would arrive sharp at 6:20am I would kiss her good-bye and start applying the moment I got in my seat. As soon as I returned on the bus at 2:15pm sharp I would get on the bus and start to vigorously remove the make-up with toilet paper and spit LOL....I was 12 give me a break :)

I am still very much  a make-up girl...I feel glamorous when I wear it and there really isn't a time that I go out & not wear it. Even to the gym I apply waterproof mascara and lipgloss and liner :) That's Just me.... I'm definetly not a wash n go kinda gal :)

I've always had problems with my skin, not so much with full on acne, but with monthly break-outs during THE CURSE, The ENEMY or if you are not lookin to be preggars YOUR FRIEND. Over the years I have tried EVERY single product there is and I have found the magic tools which I'd like to share with you all as well.

MY FAVORITE SKIN CARE PRODUCTS

Night Time routine

1. Meaningful Beauty Cindy Crawford Skin Softening Cleanser (Plain Neutrogena Soap works as well and is over the counter less $)

At first I was put off a bit because it wasn't foamy and you apply the cream in circular motions onto dry skin. The results... your skin really does have a glow to it , the infomercial is not exaggerating, I actually really do see a difference in both the texture and glow.

2. MARIO BADESCU BUFFERING LOTION (FIGHTS ACNE)

If you happen to have a boil (large pimple/spot) this product will zap it away with results showing within the first 2 nights of application. It reduces the severity, size and frequency of break-outs Specifically targeting cystic pimples and large clusters of acne.

3. MARIO BADESCU DRYING MASK (FIGHTS ACNE)

With this mask used in conjuction with the buffering lotion you will see results just after one use. You should use it 2-3 times a week for 20 minutes each time.

4. TRI LUMA CREAM (ACNE SCAR FADING CREAM)

This was prescribed to me by a dermatologist, so it is not an over the counter product. It absolutely works to fade any dark spots from acne scars, but you MUST use it every day as it takes quite some before you start to see results.

5. Clinique Under Eye Cream
What I found working at all the expensive cosmetic counters is, most  skin care products are overrated such as Chanel. Certain Estee Lauder products are OK ,such as fruition but over priced.  To be honest all these anti- aging creams help, but they don't do what botox does and it'll cost you the same amount in the long run, If you buy these products don't have the expectations of having the same results you would get with botox...it'll never happen at least not with any product out there yet.

I really like Clinque's skincare line in general, it's great for all skin types and not loaded with fragrance. So the under eye cream is my choice it gets the job done and doesn't promise any miracles :)

6.  CLINIQUE DRAMATICALLY DIFFERENT MOISTURIZING LOTION - Daytime Moisturizer LOVE THIS

(It's easy on all skin types, softens, smooths  and improves texture :)


MY FAVORITE COSMETICS

*THE BEST FOUNDATIOND

1. MAKE UP FOREVER HIGH DEFINITION FOUNDATION

This is an invisible foundation, covers and evens skin tone perfectly. Its great for every day use and with everyone being so camera happy these days and posting pics up of their friends on Facebook ,seems like you don't need to be a Rock Star these days to  be camera ready at all times. Every girl has that one catty girlfriend that loves to post bad pictures of you and NOT crop you out even at request LOL So this will keep your skin looking flawless and lasts!!! It reflects lights and works beautifully  with the camera without looking heavy!!

2. Elizabeth Arden has AWESOME  everyday foundations as well

  A. Elizabeth Arden Mousse Flawless Finish Makeup is perfect for VERY light sheer coverage. Great to slightly even out skin tones and for summer!! Natrual coverage, translucent finish. Makeup so flawless, so natural, it looks like your own skin. This light, airy cloud of color covers just enough and lets your skin breath. Clinically, dermatologist and allergy tested.

 B. Flawless Finish Sponge-On Cream Makeup-
Versatile cream foundation in a portable compact. Glides on, covers almost any flaw. Moisture-rich makeup with light diffusing particles to help diminish imperfections.
Adjustable coverage
Satin Finish

 C. Flawless Finish Dual Perfection Makeup SPF 8

Ultra fine jet-milled powder and foundation in one. Adjustable coverage. Matte finish. Oil-free. SPF 8.

Beauty Tip:
Apply wet for a soft matte makeup look

Apply dry for a finish powder.


 D. Elizabeth Arden Foundation Ceramide Plump Perfect Makeup SPF15
This is great for mature skin.

Offers medium to full coverage. Smoothes out fine lines & wrinkles. Evens out skin tone & gives luminous finish. Long wearing. Non-comedogenic & oil-free.

I've done make-overs on so many mature woman that freaked over this product.... it really gives a beautifully dewy glow!!


*EYEBROWS

Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Dual Perfection Brow Shaper & Eyeliner: Natural Black
Brow shaper & eyeliner in one. Apply wet or dry as an eyeliner for a dramatic effect.

I use Fawn which is great for brown hair with Honey Highlights but I find all the colors work naturally on each person. it comes with a little brush as well. Its My FAVORITE hands down.

I LOVE MAC products but their eye brow compact isn't 1/2 as good as this!!!


* EYE LID PRIMER

MAC PAINT POT
A highly pigmented eye color that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. The next generation of a popular M·A·C formula, Long-wearing, colorfast. Creates seamless coverage without weight or caking. Blends smoothly over the lids. Cream-based, can be mixed with M·A·C shadows and liners.

* EYESHADOWS

ALL MAC eyes shadows....you could literally run a marathon and those colors stay put especailly when used with the paint pot!!!
CHRISTIAN DIOR- LUV LUV LUV
CHANEL LUV LUV LUV
MAKE-UP FOREVER- for glammed up super  shimmering DAZZLE

*EYELINER
ALMAY -LIQUID LINER w/ FELT TIP

STILA- Amazing for your inside water lines.....very vibrant and LASTS!!!  KAJAL EYE LINER- ONYX

*SETTING POWDER

MAC STUDIO FIX -For full coverage
or

ELIZABETH ARDEN


* MASCARA

LOREAL -either the grey or gold tube just works miracles. Lengthens & Thickens. No need to spend $30 yes... there are other Mascaras that rock with high price tags on them but you will get the same exact results.

If you are a cosmetic counter freak however. I'd recommend Lancome Definicils, BAD GAL LASH BENEFIT, Christian Dior (amazing but dries out quickly) Le 2 de Guerlain Mascara What it is: A duo-ended two brush mascara, so no lash is forgotten and last but NOT least Elizabther Arden.


***BENEFIT  has amazing products both for very young girls and for woman that don't wear tons of make- up and prefer a more natural look. The blushes are great ( DALLAS is my FAV) Eyebright -for dark under eye circles used with Eyewish. The high beam highlighter relfect a beautiful sheen above the cheekbone.

* LIP LINER

STILA -all colors

Wet N WIld - 711- I have used this for years and years and years and it lasts forever and looks great with everything and its  only $1.99

** LIPGLOSS/LIPSTICK
   ANYTHING MAC- BEST SHEEN ,GREAT FOR CAMERA....a bit to0 sticky for dates and  kissing :) LOL
   NARS- TURKISH DELIGHT for a dramatic baby pink pout <3







No comments:

Post a Comment