Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Trendy words of "Gratitude" "Forgiveness" and "Enlightenment"

Its funny when I first moved out to L.A. I had sweet, dear friends and fans of my music a little worried that I'd be in the belly of the beast and end up like Lindsay Lohan. What I've come to realize is like any other place you happen to be... you have a choice be the best version of yourself, or the worst version of yourself. I have found myself really seeking spiritual enlightenment. I have not had the easiest life, nor do I believe there is any person alive that doesn't have a cross to bear.  We are all individually tested and I believe it's in how we get through our problems that strengthen our spirit.  I've been through my share of disappointments in friends, co-workers, family members ect ect and being a passionate person, I have always let people know exactly how I feel about my disappointments. My Mother would always say just forgive them and move on, but for the longest time I felt as though I could not forgive someone who is so blind to what they've done, they don't even ask for forgiveness. Here is what I've learned about that.... you forgive to let the burden free from your heart, it is a negative feeling and has no business making a home in your world. Life is too short to dwell and what we are responsible for is our reaction.

The more negative thoughts and feelings we submerge ourselves in, the more we attract it into our life. I have never seen someone do something terrible to another and NOT have karma pay a big visit to their front door step. So it's important to let it go, shake it off and just know it's not your job to seek revenge, or to have that final word that will lay heavy on your own spirit later.

Our job is to figure out a way to make peace with any situation we are in and to remember there is always someone who has it worse. I'm sure we all had a family member tell us we needed to finish our meals as kids because there were children in Africa that were starving.... My smart ass answer was "well I don't live in Africa, I live in New York and I hate spinach" LOL but the point being made is appreciate the options that are available to you. Every New Age book you read talks about gratitude and it's very trendy to say you are grateful, but it would astound you how amazing it is to TRULY feel grateful. Once you feel gratitude for the simplest things, you will find it easier to develop unwavering faith in your dreams. Appreciate the people in your life and know that both good and bad create who you are today. Become wiser from negative situations, not bitter and jaded. I tend to post quotes that inspire me on my Facebook Fan page and this is one of my favorites!!!

 ♥ There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul ♥


FACEBOOK FAN PAGE LINK:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/BONNIE-BAILEY/38853249390

No comments:

Post a Comment